Little mint chip cookie dough bites bathed in rich, silky dark chocolate are the perfect, satisfying snack. These nourishing bites are grain-free, dairy-free, and not too sweet. Plus, they are made with out Mint Chip Protein Elixir, so you get a little plant-based protein, healthy hats, and balancing super herbs like reishi, maca, and ashwagandha.
With a subtle hint of mint and little crunchy cacao nibs, the mint chip taste really comes through for a fun and unique bite. Best part, these delightful little bites are low carb and keto-friendly.
This recipe can be made with a couple of dates, or with a little maple syrup or honey instead. If you prefer a sweetener like stevia or monkfruit, a non-caloric syrup alternative or sugar alcohols, you would want to add that to your taste, this is such a personal preference and this will vary by the individual. Whatever sweetener you use, add it a little at a time, taste and adjust as needed.
When made with two dates for the entire recipe, my rough calculations bring this to approximately 4 net carbs per cookie dough bite, this can certainly change based on your ingredients and how dark the chocolate is, used for dipping, if you opt for chocolate chips vs cacao nibs, etc. All things considered, this is a low-carb recipe.
Mint Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Low Carb, Vegan, Keto-Friendly
Fridge/ Freezer Time: 1 hr
Servings: 20-24 bites
DARK CHOCOLATE MINT CHIP COOKIE DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut (finely shredded, not the big chips)
- sweetener to taste – I used 2 dates (see notes above and suggestion below)
- 4 tbs butter, ghee or coconut oil, room temperature not melted
- 1/2 cup REBBL Mint Chip Protein*
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract (optional) or fresh mint
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
DARK CHOCOLATE COATING INGREDIENTS
- 6-8 oz chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips (I like 85-90% dark)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Add the almond flour and shredded coconut to the food processor. Pulse enough until the shredded coconut is more finely ground. Add the dates and process until it becomes a paste.
- Add the butter (ghee or coconut oil), the REBBL Mint Chip Protein Elixir, raw cacao and mint extract. Process until a dough forms. Stir in the cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips by hand.
- Add the dough to a bowl or container and cover. Or wrap in parchment paper. Chill for approximately 30 minutes. This helps the dough to firm up and makes it easier for forming / rolling.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. After the dough has chilled, using a small cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough and roll into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small deep bowl, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in 30 second intervals in the microwave, watching it carefully. Allow the melted chocolate to cool slightly.
- Remove cookie dough bites from freezer and dip into melted chocolate using two forks. Let the excess drip off. Place back on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.