I have a confession. Nostalgia kicks in every year when St. Patrick’s Day rolls around and I pass a billboard of my all-time favorite childhood treat, the Shamrock Shake. With the Irish holiday just around the corner, I couldn’t help but recreate a clean, plant-rich rendition of the sugary, neon green staple.
I’d been meaning to try the cauliflower–based smoothie that’s been trending recently in the food space, and this quest for a green and creamy treat presented the perfect opportunity. When blended with nut milk— in this case, a creamy, coconut-milk elixir— cauliflower acts as a natural thickener that adds creaminess to the smoothie. It’s also a nourishing, less-sweet alternative to the classic banana and yogurt-based smoothie. This energizing smoothie is a perfect on-the-go blend you can whip up with minimal prep work and only 7 ingredients!
- 8 oz. REBBL Matcha Latte elixir
- 1 cup of organic frozen cauliflower
- 1/3 cup raw organic cashews
- 1 cup of organic spinach
- Handful of organic fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 drops of food grade organic peppermint oil
- 1 tbsp organic unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Pour 8 oz. of REBBL Matcha Latte elixir into your Vitamix or blender.
- Add in cauliflower and cashews and blend for 90 seconds, or until the florets and nuts are evenly blended into the elixir.
- Toss in spinach, fresh mint leaves, peppermint oil and blend until your vibrant green smoothie becomes creamy and thick.
- Pour into a glass, sprinkle coconut flakes and cacao nibs on top, and enjoy!