Waking up to pancakes for breakfast always feels a little celebratory, don’t you think? This is especially true when they happen on a weekday. One of the great things about today’s banana bread-inspired protein pancakes is that they’re so simple (only seven ingredients) and so easy to make (just 5 minutes to prep & 5 minutes to cook), that they’re quick enough to enjoy even on busier weekday mornings.
For extra wholesome pancakes, we swap the usual all-purpose flour in favor of gluten-free chickpea flour, and use our creamy, coconut-milk based Banana Nut Protein Elixir in place of milk. There are 12 grams of plant protein in the Banana Nut Protein alone, plus selenium-rich brazil nuts and no added sugar (the subtle sweetness comes from bananas and dates!).
Plus, this elixir features nourishing super herbs like Turmeric and Ashwagandha for added functionality and whole-body harmony. It’s ideal for supporting endurance during your longer workouts, as well as for refueling after.
Banana Nut Protein Pancakes
7 ingredient banana bread protein pancakes! Just 5 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to cook. These plant-based and gluten-free pancakes are light, fluffy, naturally sweet, and pack in the protein thanks to our Banana Nut Protein and chickpea flour.
Servings: 12 Medium Pancakes
- 1 chia “egg” (2 teaspoons freshly ground chia seeds + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 bottle REBBL Banana Nut Protein
- 1 medium banana
- 1½ cups chickpea flour, sifted prior to measuring
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- unrefined coconut oil, for greasing the pan
FOR SERVING (Optional):
- pure maple syrup or local honey
- sliced bananas and berries
- drippy almond butter
- chopped walnuts and brazil nuts
- Prepare the chia egg by combining the ground chia seeds and the warm water. Set aside for 3 minutes to thicken.
- In a blender, add the prepared chia egg, REBBL Banana Nut Protein, banana, chickpea flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender to incorporate all of the chickpea flour.
- Heat a large, preferably non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with coconut oil and pour the pancake batter, about ¼ cup at a time, onto the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. You’ll know the pancakes are ready to be flipped when small bubbles form and hold their shape. Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Optional: You can stick them in the fridge for a few minutes before eating so they can firm up.
The batter will become thicker and more fluffy as it sits. Feel free to add a splash more REBBL Banana Nut Protein to thin it out if it becomes too thick.